Easy Holiday Munchies

Easy Appetizers
Recipes
Travel Issues to be Aware of
powered by

My Blog

Easy Holiday Munchies

We're all looking for ways to spend less time in the kitchen and more time visiting with friends and relatives this holiday season.  With that in mind I recently tried a new appetizer which we all agreed as a great hit . . . flavorful, hot, delicious AND . . .  it was extremely simple to prepare (I especially like that)!

.  .  .  so here's what it is:

Asiago Cheese Mini Biscuits w/ marinara sauce

Pick up a chunk of Asiago cheese (if you like Asiago chess pick up a little more.  If you dont' like it use another cheese like cheddar or parmesean).

I prepared a biscuit mix from Bisquick and used their garlic/cheese biscuit mix, but a standard mix works just as well if you're not real "hip" on garlic.  I grated the whole chunk of Asiago cheese and folded about 1/2 of it into the biscuit mix before baking.

I rolled small biscuit balls about the size of a very large grape or small cherry tomato and sprinkled the biscuits on top with the remaining grated cheese before baking.  Size should be "finger snackin' - size", not a full biscuit.

Baking was quick about 10 minutes and they come out hot and cheesy (which in this case is a good thing).  Opened up a jar of marinara sauce and kicked it up a notch with some extra herbs like basil and some stewed crushed tomatoes and diced onion.  WHAT A HIT!!!  Warm, easy, tender, cheesy biscuits with spicy marinara sauce.  Not high in fat and very flavorful.  Asiago cheese is wonderful for flavor!  Threw the biscuits in a basket lined with country gingham and Voila!  You're good to go for snackers for the whole day.  If any left-over biscuits, they go into the microwave real easy and any extra marinara sauce saves well covered and chilled.  Plus it's something different.  Kind of like cheesy bread sticks and marinara with a twist!  I used one bowl, one spoon and one pan!

49 Comments to Easy Holiday Munchies:

Comments RSS
Jerry Pomeroy on Monday, February 20, 2012 8:52 PM
I have been trying to contact you but can not get your toll free, 316, or email to repond. What to visit about our stay on the 25th. Thanks Jerry

web link on Friday, July 12, 2013 1:56 AM
I truly new fan of this type of blog post most people are interested in, I truly love how it is easy on my eyes and the data are well written.

eco disposable nappies on Friday, September 28, 2012 3:53 AM
These mini biscuits are a must try for everyone who are looking to spend less in the kitchen.

Homemade Crackers on Friday, January 03, 2014 2:31 AM
Thanks for explaining about this cooking tips and recipe of biscuits. Might be people like this.

Main beach accommodation special deals on Tuesday, December 11, 2012 3:16 AM
This is the first time i am reading your post and admire that you posted article which gives users lot of information regarding particular topic thanks for this share.

Bed and Breakfast in Brighton on Thursday, May 30, 2013 12:19 AM
Yes this is my first time also. I really congratulate the writer for creating such an impressive blog. Thank you for your valuable discussion on this great topic...

Mooloolaba Accommodation on Friday, December 14, 2012 7:15 AM

Port Douglas Accommodation on Friday, December 14, 2012 7:18 AM
Hi, This is a good post, indeed a great job.. You must have done good research for the work, i appreciate your efforts.. Looking for more updates from your side. Thanks

hotel frankfurt on Saturday, December 15, 2012 1:41 PM
After a long time I got something fresh and quality content on Muniches holidays. I searched a lot for the related material but got almost replica work. Keep it up! It is really very informative.

Pet friendly holiday on Thursday, December 20, 2012 10:20 PM
I am feeling healthy and fresh, when I am hearing about holiday. When I read your post, I am dreaming about my holiday. Thanks for this post. I enjoy your post.

Cotton Tree Accommodation on Tuesday, December 25, 2012 11:59 PM
I must say the blog post is just useful for everyone. Keep sharing such valuable information through your blogs.

Port Douglas Self Contained Accommodation on Thursday, January 10, 2013 3:02 AM
A fine quality educational blog! I like the way blogger presented information regarding the concerned subject. Thanks for posting such a nice blog.

Noosa Accommodation Specials on Wednesday, January 16, 2013 4:33 AM
I just love the blog post. Its very informative, interactive and quality content. I wish you all good luck for your coming blogs and posts.

personal driver on Monday, February 25, 2013 2:13 AM
Your information is really awesome and I glad to have your post. I got many important points from your post and want to thank you for this. I must say you have done fab job.

forklift rental on Saturday, March 23, 2013 1:47 AM
I like your topic of selection for blog but want to suggest you for sharing some more information regarding your subject so that we can understand your thought more clearly.

Port Douglas Apartments on Friday, April 05, 2013 12:20 AM
All the efforts you put in the blog post is appreciable. Entire blog is informative.thanks for updating my knowledge Wish you luck!
Reply to comment

Sunshine Coast Accommodation Queensland Australia on Tuesday, April 23, 2013 6:47 AM
Wow!what a useful information shared by you I really love to read this thanks for sharing this

Mooloolaba Accommodation on Friday, May 03, 2013 7:17 AM
I really appreciate your work especially the research part of it which made the whole point very easy to understand.

Accommodation in Mackay on Monday, May 13, 2013 3:57 AM
You have discussed here so delicious post which makes holiday to be special.I appreciate such delightful post. Easy Holiday Munchies topic is really impressed me. Thanks for sharing it.

Noosaville Family Accommodation on Monday, May 13, 2013 10:05 PM
A vacation is that time when we are having our great time with our loved ones.There are some great information about holiday.Thanks for updating.

Authentic Jordans on Tuesday, May 14, 2013 12:09 AM
The information you shared through your post is functional. I admire your work. Wish you all the luck for all your blogging efforts. LY

custom essay uk on Tuesday, May 14, 2013 1:54 AM

family vacation costa rica on Wednesday, May 15, 2013 12:18 AM
You have discussed a very interesting topic,holiday is the time of enjoyment and your post related this is very impressive,Well done!!

small group tours on Thursday, May 16, 2013 10:47 PM
Somebody essentially lend a hand to make critically articles I'd state. That is the first time I frequented your website page and so far? I amazed with the research you made to make this particular publish extraordinary. Great activity!

tour china and tibet on Saturday, May 18, 2013 8:32 PM
What i do not realize is in truth how you're now not actually a lot more well-liked than you might be right now. You're so intelligent. You understand therefore significantly relating to this topic, made me for my part believe it from numerous varied angles. Its like men and women are not fascinated unless it is one thing to accomplish with Girl gaga! Your own stuffs outstanding. All the time take care of it up!

Holiday apartments in Noosa on Monday, May 20, 2013 3:23 AM
True said,We're all looking for ways to spend less time in the kitchen and more time visiting with friends and relatives this holiday season.For that you are giving here some easy and fast holiday munchies.Thanks...

Anonymous on Tuesday, May 21, 2013 8:44 PM

Coolangatta Accommodation on Friday, May 24, 2013 5:25 AM
You have discussed a very interesting topic,holiday is the time of enjoyment and your post related this is very impressive. Good Job!

Mooloolaba Beach Holiday Apartments on Wednesday, June 19, 2013 10:58 PM
We're all looking for ways to spend less time in the kitchen and more time visiting with friends and relatives this holiday season.Thanks for the great idea for making a special holiday through Munchies.

Accommodation Coolangatta on Friday, June 21, 2013 3:45 AM
All of us want some relax and free time for spending some quality with our love ones.We want to spend less time in the kitchen and more time visiting with friends and relatives this holiday season.Thanks for the great idea for making a special holiday through Munchies.

OBD2 on Sunday, June 30, 2013 9:21 PM
ND900 Auto Key Programmer has been designed and built to keep pace with the evolution of transponder car keys. The ND900 Pro key duplicator features the most innovative electronic components in the field of radio frequencies thus allowing easy detection,reading and cloning (duplication) of fixed code transponders and the identification of cryptographic transponder codes.feng

Rolex Replica on Monday, July 08, 2013 9:56 PM
Superb the most in demand models of Rolex is the Bubbleback. Students make, change furthermore cancel salon consultations with great signal.

Motor accident lawyers sydney on Thursday, August 29, 2013 11:56 PM
I never read before about this type of fasy holiday munchies but reading your post I got new information but in little amount, would you please share more.

Brisbane short term accommodation on Wednesday, September 04, 2013 11:13 PM
Thanks for sharing this munchies recipe my family loves them and it would a surprise for them when i will make it for them.

industrial recruitment sydney on Tuesday, September 17, 2013 5:37 AM
I like your topic of selection for posting and also have visited all the resources that you have shared in your post but also want to suggest you to shares some content about it.

blue card sydney on Tuesday, September 17, 2013 5:56 AM
I like your precious suggestion about easy holiday munchies you shared with us in your expertly written blog post. I want to thank you for this. Nice work.

Aruba Realtors on Friday, October 04, 2013 2:54 AM
Thanks for sharing this. I never knew that it was this easy to make Holiday Munchies. I hope that I can read more tips from you.

Main Beach Holiday Accommodation on Tuesday, December 03, 2013 11:51 PM
I tried it during the thanksgiving and it was really amazing in taste everybody on the table liked it.

Aluminium Ramen on Monday, December 16, 2013 3:03 AM
Thanks for circulating this minutia and figures. This is actually a note to be shrewd by every teenagers not to drink hard liquor wherein they can't handle

Office Catering on Thursday, January 02, 2014 3:47 AM
Hello dear i am happy to find this post and appreciate you for sharing such helping post,i will share these ideas with my friends,thanks..

schildersbedrijf limburg on Saturday, January 04, 2014 7:54 PM
schilderwerken say:Amazing share! Thank you for this useful publish

schilderwerken on Monday, January 06, 2014 5:45 AM
Algemene Schilderwerken say: Very good article, thank you for sharing

Kale With Quinoa on Thursday, March 06, 2014 10:53 PM
I am interested in your service. I will contact to you as soon as possible. I hope I will get an affordable package from you.

Paleo recipe book on Thursday, March 20, 2014 4:41 AM
Holiday dishes should be very different with amazing taste and can be made quickly. Few that you have shared are really good.

hotels in los angeles ca on Thursday, April 10, 2014 4:10 AM
Excellent article, quite interesting info. I came across your website on Google! We're all searching for approaches to invest less time in the kitchen and more of a chance chatting with companions and relatives this Christmas season.nice info

ecift.com on Saturday, April 19, 2014 12:14 PM
Rich in content, specific, every point is very good, is to this article, thank you. By the way, could you see our goods, you will like it.

roofing contractors on Thursday, August 07, 2014 3:01 AM
Roofing Contractor magazine covers all aspects of residential, commercial, industrial and institutional roofing and insulation.

biglietti traghetti per Igoumenitsa on Tuesday, August 19, 2014 3:20 AM
this is certainly an appetiser I have never thought of.

greek islands holidays on Friday, August 22, 2014 12:28 PM
you must be a fan of innovative cooking